Senate Strives for Fellow Students’ Satisfaction

Fire pits for the winter social
Fire pits for the winter social

By Christian Liester

This 2014-15 Wheat Ridge High School year is filled with fun opportunities for you to take up.

The WRHS Senate has been spending plenty of their time constructing and plotting opportunities and fun ways to make your high school career a great one.

One event coming very quickly to the Farm is Trivia night, which will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Nov. 20.  This event givesyou the opportunity to form the strongest and most elite team they can, so they can compete against other teams to win prizes.  This trivia night will contain all sorts of questions, ranging anywhere from asking what the real name of Batman is, to determining what Mr. Yutzy’s favorite out-of-school activity is.  Attending this very fun and comical event will allow you to meet new people as well as have a blast with your friends.

Another event not trailing too far behind is the Winter Social.This event occurring on  Dec. 13  will consist

Fire pits for the winter social
Fire pits for the winter social

of plenty enjoyable things such as games, making s’mores and hot chocolate.  Senate is also currently making an attempt to get up to three fire pits to place outside so fellow students can gather around and enjoy their hot chocolate and s’mores with the coziness of a fire.

Senate has not only been working on games and socials for your entertainment, but they have also been preparing dances such as Sadies, which will be held on Feb. 7.  Sadies is a dance designed for everyone to enjoy.  For this event the tables are turned, the males no longer ask the females to the dance, instead the females ask the guys to the dance.  This year’s Sadies will be way more enjoyable than last year’s, since our hard-working Senate has obtained the large gym to set this event up in.  Now that the dance will be held in the bigger gym, there will be more space to dance with your friends and have a good time. This year’s Sadies should also be more pleasant considering that Senate has also obtained the same groovy DJ from Homecoming to play the jams you want to hear at your upcoming dance.

This year the Senate has been giving it their all preparing opportunities, allowing  you and fellow Farmers to have a great school year. Although there is not too many extravagant events coming up, plan on more, because Senate is kicking it into gear with preparing fun opportunities for you to take up.