Top 20 Seniors: Hallie Coyne

By: Christian Liester

Senior Hallie Coyne made the best out of the opportunities available to her at the farm.

During high school she was quite the stud, involving herself in the most challenging of academic courses, joining clubs, and competing in sports all while maintaining a job. She is like a superhuman who piles loads of commotion on her life and still manages to stay at the top.

Photo by Hallie Coyne
Photo by Hallie Coyne

During her years at the Farm she participated in an abundance of activities, always managing to excel to the top. She involved herself in philosophy club, compassion crew, the National Honors Society, womens lacrosse, and Girls State. Her accomplishments in these activities are endless, but her most valued accomplishments include: Serving as President of the National Honors Society, being recognized as Academic All American, and being chosen as a representative for Girls State.

Although Coyne is quite the star regarding extracurricular activities, she transcends to the top of her class academically as well. Throughout all four years she challenged herself taking all AP courses. People ask why she would do that to herself, but it is simply due to her determination and the old saying that her dad told her, ”See every challenge as an opportunity”. Thats exactly what she did. Coyne gave her all and still succeeded even with all the struggles and issues that came her way.

It may seem that she is only worried about school and school activities, but Coyne is actually quite the stud outside of school as well. She frequently participates in community service activities to better herself and her moral essence as well as an attempt to make a difference in the world. Recent community service she conducted include: SPARKS GT Summer Camp, counseling at Outdoor Lab, the Calvary Church Thanksgiving Baskets Program, and the Salvation Army Bell Ringing Program through Calvary Church. Always thinking about the wellbeing of others, Hallie Coyne seems to be the most compassionate individual who can always put a smile on someone’s face.

Hallie’s lack of slack and determination to do her best led her to be admitted into the Kilachand Honors College at Boston University, where she will continue her educational career studying international relations following her graduation. This highly intelligent, bundle of sunshine will be greatly missed at Wheat Ridge, and all her joy and love for education will be forever remembered on the Farm.