Top 20 Seniors: Dante DeCarlo

By Vanessa Sims and Sterling Martinez

In his four years, senior Dante DeCarlo has excelled in things including sports, like baseball, football, friendships, and after-school activities like senate and Fresh 23.

His dedication is something he is known for. He has “a free spirited sense of humor” and is determined to do his best. Making it as one of the Top 20 Seniors is far from surprising.

“My brothers influence me the most. They made me the man I am today,” says DeCarlo. He is a family man, saying how he always chooses his family first, “no matter what it comes down to.” If granted one wish, he would like him and his entire family to move to a beach home where he doesn’t need to worry about anything. “I would like to wake up every day and explore the world,” he says.

Looking back at his high school years, DeCarlo is pretty satisfied. He loved being at Wheat Ridge, despite the fact that his older brothers went to Golden High School. He will miss his friends at Wheat Ridge, saying, “I have made some great friends over the years that I hope to stay in touch with.” He will also miss the WR staff and playing baseball.

Photo by Dante DeCarlo
Photo by Dante DeCarlo

DeCarlo has many qualities; one that sticks out the most is his attitude. He is “a very accepting person” and is social. He pretty much gets along with everybody. His biggest dream: being remembered. DeCarlo is very accomplished, whether that be in acting, firefighting, or bodybuilding. No matter the achievement, he just wants to be honored for what he has done.

DeCarlo’s most memorable moment at Wheat Ridge was winning league, “we all dove on Coach Miller in excitement.” If he could leave any memory to the remaining Farmers, it would be about Capstone and the feeling you get when you receive a good grade. “It pays off to do all the work throughout the year,” says DeCarlo.

The varsity baseball coaches have influenced him a lot. They showed him “the true meaning to becoming a good man.” He would like them to know just how grateful he is.

DeCarlo will spend his summer bodybuilding, dirt biking, and firefighting. He will then attend Aims Community College to study fire science.