Top 20 Seniors: Hunter Sauerland

By Rachel Vigil

It is no wonder Hunter Sauerland is on the top 20 seniors list this year.

From forensics, TSA, and Wheat Ridge High School best robotics team to WRHS rocket team, Sauerland has kept a busy schedule. Out of school, he is a part of Boy Scouts of America as an Eagle Scout, den chief, and patrol leader.

Sauerland has a way of lightening the mood and he always seems off task. His largest influence in life is his father. Any ideas Sauerland has he can bounce off his father who always seems to be right about the things in which he has experience.

A regret of Sauerland’s is the fact that he did not schedule much after school until his senior year. Up until that point, he did not have a group of friends that was very open to doing things. The most embarrassing thing he can remember about going to high school was when he was a “native” for a Spanish presentation and came to school in nothing but a leopard print loincloth and a bear pelt sash. “Walking throughout the halls some really cute girls saw me and did a double take to catch a glimpse of my pale skin in my almost naked state,” he said.

His one wish would be for a permanently sexy body. That way he could eat whatever he wanted and still look great-along with not having to work out to obtain a six pack. Sauerland dreams of one day becoming a parent. “There is something nice about the thought of someone thinking you are the coolest person in the world and loving you even when they say they don’t,” he explained.  Sauerland’s charismatic attitude is what he considers his best quality

Mr. Livingston has been his most influential teacher. Sauerland loves his crazy stories so much; he just has to listen to what Livingston says. After high school, Sauerland plans to jump straight into college. He will attend CU Denver as a Biology Major. One recommendation he has for remaining Farmers is to take AP statistics with Mr. Gouge because it was an incredibly fun learning experience.