Heim being Heim

Heim being Heim

By Alyssah Shear

Although many people don’t question this belief, Lance Austin , a colleague and fellow history teacher, believes that Heim has taken the “blue pill,” he’ll believe whatever he wants to believe.

“ If you look at the mythologies of the world there are always hidden creatures,” said Heim when asked why he believed in fairies.
“ Some of the first fairies I got interested in were the Gaelic fairies because if you look at the mythology of the Cherokee people and the mythology of Ireland, they have almost the exact same characters in them. The mythology of the Gaelic fairies, Sidhe, is that they left Ireland and went somewhere else, so it makes sense that they came the the American continent…” Heim also believes that people interact with fairies regularly;T they just don’t know it.
According to Heim the fairies have an ability called “glamour.” Glamour is the ability to appear as anything they wish.
When Austin was asked if fairies were mentioned a lot in conversations he replied with, “Yes and no. He mentions it when he can’t explain something logically. When something is not logically explained, he responds with ‘Damn fairies.’” Although Austin does not share the same belief, he admits there is no way of proving that fairies exist or not.
As Heim says “The world is a much more interesting place if you believe in the mysterious and the unexplained.”