Terrified Teachers

Terrified+Teachers

By: Gracie Meoni

Though what I am about to say should never be acted upon, I know that we all wonder what could possibly scare all the teachers here on the Farm.

Surely they aren’t afraid of talking in front of others; that is what they do all day. I’m talking a fear of classroom mutiny, kids tying them to the ceiling and running the halls, wild and free. Surely, it is a legitimate fear; they are outnumbered at least one to 25.
Last year at Pomona High School, a few students pranked math teacher Nancy Perlmutter by releasing bags of pet store crickets in her room. First seeing one, then four then 30, she realized how cruel students can be. However, our Farmer hospitality keeps us from doing wicked things like that…

Dori Walker, an alumni and beloved biology teacher, has a zoo in her room. And though she loves animals, she admits that she is scared of scary movies with,“Animals and creepy-looking creatures, for example ‘The Wrong Turn’ and ‘The Hills Have Eyes’… My brain gets lost in the movie and thinks it’s real, and then I can’t forget it.” After 18 years of teaching, Walker explained how she treasures her relationships with students, and that she believes that keeps us from going to crazy. However, she has had one student follow her home and put parts of the annual cat dissection in her mailbox. C-r-e-e-p-y!

Tough man and social studies teacher Tony Romagna says that though he doesn’t enjoy being scared, he only has one fear, “Colton Frasier’s hugs.” Sorry,Colton!

Literary whiz and trick-or-treating loving English teacher Matthew Couch has had evil students’,“Steal his dancing Tigger and hold him for ransom.” And though some of us may view that as the worst thing that could happen to a teacher, he admits that his recurring nightmare scares him more. “I’m in school for days on end, unable to go home, and my coffee machine is broken.” Though you may be thinking that Couch is hyper enough as is, he says that it’s not a necessity to his diet or to wake him up, it is just a taste that he enjoys.

It has been said that no one hates freshmen more than freshmen. That isn’t necessarily true; it’s also not necessarily false. Couch also admitted that he is, “Scared of freshmen, every waking minute of every waking day for all 15 years he’s been a teacher.” Why you ma

Adored history teacher Anitria Hall, formerly known as Anitria Larson, is the kind soul as we all know her to be. “Kids failing my class” is the worst thing in her eyes that a kid could ever do. And her biggest fear? “Kids not understanding the concepts” is Hall’s biggest fear. Hall admits the best prank ever performed to her in her class was someone mooning her through the windows near the ceiling… and to this day she still doesn’t know who’s behind was behind her when she was teaching!y ask? “Freshmen smell,” Couch says.

IMG_6798 (2)

Halloween is all about spooks and scares, and now you know what some of our teachers are scared of… use that information wisely. Wahahahaha!