My All American

My All American

By: Gino Tate and Carl Vecchiarelli

My All-American pays out a very respectful tribute to the amazing football player Freddie Steinmark.

The movie traces his time all throughout Wheat Ridge High School and then when he was off to college where he attended the University Of Texas. Freddies career was ended a lot earlier than I think anybody was expecting.

His career as a high school football player was at the best of his potential, Freddie was an all american running back for the Wheat Ridge Farmers in the late 1960’s. As he left his Legacy behind on being a Farmer, he moved on to the next level of Football trying to make a name for himself as a college athlete as well.

“There’s no doubt that bigger is often better when it comes to smashmouth football. But even on the gridiron, it’s still what’s inside that matters the most when it comes to being a true winner. The composition of a player’s heart outweighs the force of his bulk.”. Growing up in Wheat Ridge Colorado (a Denver suburb). Freddie is always at a disadvantage, size-wise. “He has to work harder than he ever has before ” his mom says, “ because he’s always been the smallest ”.

With tireless encouragement of his dad, 146 pound Freddie Steinmark trained constantly as he chases his dream. While playing College ball and then going pro playing with the Chicago Bears. Freddie also  broke all kinds of records for Football and Basketball at Wheat Ridge High School while leading the Farmers to several State Championships. One coach said of Freddies efforts “ The more I push him, the more he answers the call.” When Freddie gets the bad news about his knee, he bravely faces each new traumatic step, even the amputation of his leg. His teammates, coach, family and girlfriend all supported him, of course. Freddie works so hard at his rehabilitation that he’s able to attend the Longhorns Cotton Bowl  just 19 days after his surgery.