Top 20 Senior: Nyla Chamberlin

Nyla Chamberlin Yearbook 2x3

By Rachel Vigil

In her four years at Wheat Ridge High School, Nyla Chamberlin was a leader in everything she did.

Not only did she letter in cross country, swimming, and track and field all four years of her high school career, she also was in three musicals and worked as a peer counselor. She led as a team captain for the cross country team and track and field team here on the farm while becoming an all-conference athlete in both of those sports for three years. In addition, Chamberlin extended her help to other parts of the Jeffco Community by mentoring students in elementary schools across the county.

Her friends say she is a cooperative and joyful person who always is in a happy mood. They also think of her as a very accepting and nonjudgmental person. In her free time, Chamberlin loves writing letters, baking, watching Disney videos, singing, and watching movies. She has loved every minute of high school and only wishes she could have been there even longer. In school, Chamberlin felt the nurturing environment was a gift in her life.

If Chamberlin had one wish, it would be that she would be able to enjoy all the freedoms that would come with not facing the lifetime of medical challenges she has, such as driving. Her biggest dream is to be a princess. In fact, her most memorable moment in high school was her skit for prom princess last year in the gym.

Gluten free food is Chamberlin’s favorite thing to eat. When it comes to movies, she loves anything that is Disney or animated. In fact, she loves to watch Disney music videos on YouTube after school.

In the summer, Chamberlin plans to run, swim, listen to music, eat Qdoba, work at the pool, and enjoy the company of her family and friends. She hopes to go to college, but is planning on entering the Jeffco Transition Program after graduation.

At Wheat Ridge, all of Chamberlin’s coaches and teachers inspired her. They all helped her make the school her home. Chamberlin admires the dedication and patience of her classmates, teachers, and administrators. The one piece of advice she’d give to remaining Farmers is that they should enjoy school because it is a gift.