Top 20 Senior: Jaden Martinez

By Vanessa Sims

Caring, loyal, and responsible senior Jaden Martinez has done almost everything, from track and field to president of the National Honors Society.

Though regretting not taking some specific classes like jewelry or pottery, Martinez has partaken in various activities and encourages his remaining peers to do so as well.

Martinez considers his parents as some of the most influential people in his life, saying how they have basically built and molded the basic foundations of his personality. “My dad taught me…to value those around you and to make time for loved ones,” says Martinez. He also explains how his mom taught him the value of education and has been a major motivator in his life, showing him how to “focus on the big picture rather than the minute, inconsequential details.”

Although he likes to spend time doing good for his school and overall community, Martinez likes to do his own things like biking, hiking, outdoor activities altogether, baking, and going to museums. Martinez is no doubt adventurous, especially since over summer, he will be visiting Europe; London, Venice, Amsterdam, and Hamburg!

All the while adventurous, Martinez is also compassionate and a big dreamer. He wishes to have a safe place or sanctuary for all lost and abandoned dogs where they can go and be cared for while being able to live the lives they deserve. As for his dreams, Martinez simply wants happiness. Though currently happy, Martinez feels that, in the future, life will become “Confusing and a little scary. So going forward I just hope it’s enjoyable and fun in some way,” he explains.

Like many others, Martinez has a few goodbyes he would like to leave. One would be to social studies teacher Arik Heim who has encouraged Martinez and his, “Abilities and furthered [his] interest…in European History.” Martinez would thank Heim by saying, “Being a teacher is sometimes a thankless job and they deserve recognition.”

Jaden Martinez has come a very long way, growing and learning, and will continue to do so. He will continue his education at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. He hopes to study health sciences while focusing on physical therapy as well as psychology.