Top 20 Senior: Jason Belcik

By Nikolos Schnebly

During his years at Wheat Ridge Jason Belick participated in two school Art Shows in 2014-15, and 2015-16.

This taste for art will continue for Belick as he is planning on moving to the Czech Republic and following in the footsteps of his biggest influence, Czech Art nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha and be a world-renowned graphic designer after attending the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague . While in Prague he will be working in a hotel.

Belick’s peers and family believe that his consistency in his work ethic and reliability are the reasons why he is going to succeed in Graphic Design and life.

If Jason could relive high school, he would take more than two semesters of art but wouldn’t spring for the same haircut he sported freshman year because “ I do not look good with long hair.”

Whenever school clubs needed graphic design work done, they turned to Belcik. In fact, he designed the 2016 prom tickets for senate while also providing designs for flyers and posters throughout his high school career. In his senior year he took intermediate photography, advanced graphic design, and AP studio art all at the same time.

Belick says that what he will miss the most from his high school career are some of the great teachers he has had the past four years because it is unlikely that they’ll have the chance to meet anytime soon.

Belick believes his most influential teacher was Mr. Austin because he made school more enjoyable. Belcik wants Austin to know that if he could tell him one thing it’s that age is just a number.

Jason’s senior quote would be “Hey, that’s pretty good.” Belick’s final advice to all the underclassmen is to “find something you’re passionate about, and dedicate all your time to it and it will make life more enjoyable.”