Wheat Ridge High School 2016 Presidential Election Population Poll
November 8, 2016
Filed under Features
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
As Americans dreadfully await the results of today’s presidential election vote, we here at The Haystack ran a poll through a number of classrooms across each grade at Wheat Ridge High School to roughly determine the popular vote among candidates. Our results are as follows. Out of 264 total votes:
- Hillary Clinton commanded the popular vote with 130 votes (49.2%)
- Donald Trump came in second with 60 votes (22.7%)
- Bernie Sanders (even though not officially on the ballot, still received write-in votes) and Gary Johnson almost tied for third place, with Sanders receiving 26 votes (9.8%) and Johnson 23 votes (8.7%)
- Finally, Jill Stein finished with only 7 votes (2.6%)
These five candidates in total received 93% of the total school-wide vote, but it wouldn’t be a democracy if only some of the vote was counted. Here are some honorable mentions:
- Complete Anarchy received 3 votes (1.1%)
- Donald Trump’s running Mate, Mike Pence, nearly missed out with 2 votes (0.7%) along with Michelle Obama, and Twilight Sparkle
- Last, but certainly not least, Vermin Supreme and our elder lord Cthulhu himself received 1 vote each (0.3%)
While the results of the Wheat Ridge High School popular vote are certainly interesting themselves, the results of this year’s presidential election will no doubt have a profound effect on voters and American citizens for years to come.