Homecoming Assembly and Festival Bring Togetherness on the Farm

Picture By Faviola Robles

By Faviola Robles and Hannah Larson

Bright faces and roaring cheers filled the gym and the halls of Wheat Ridge High School with farmer pride during this year’s homecoming assembly.

Some freshmen boys were even welcomed by the kisses from their mothers! This year the senior and junior classes were loud, up, and ready to prove their classes superiority. There was the usual “go home juniors” chant from the seniors and the witty “we won’t miss you” response from the juniors.

The highlight of the assembly, as always, was the homecoming royalty skits. This year, bodies hit the floor… literally. Many of the skits involved physical displays such as drop kicks, huge medicine balls, and crowds of moshing kids. The freshman and the sophmore skits were cute and cheesy. One of the most popular skits was from the junior class with Leah Hensley and Cole Pierce; it simply involved a nerdy girl finally bringing her eyes on a boy instead of her class work. The best one from the senior class included Troy Fairbanks and Carolyn Swanson. The base of the skit was the old and new

Picture By Faviola Robles
Picture By Faviola Robles

Miley Cyrus, Hollywood’s newest crazy chick. The highlight was that senior Davis Ford came out dressed as a girl with a balloon-made butt.

Although the assembly rocked, the festival was not as well planned-out. In years passed the parking lot was filled with excited students getting their faces painted for the game or even doing a simple cake walk to support a school program. In contrast, this year there were only a few booths. Not many of the school’s programs seemed eager to work the booths.

However, the first annual games were fun for those who participated, but it didn’t really involve the entire student body. With lack of communication not many students were actually informed of the games or how to participate in them. After the assembly the festival almost looked like a ghost town and very few people stayed for the powder puff game.  Some people stayed to vote for their homecoming king and queen but left before the crowd hit the parking lot. However, the fun assembly made up for the lacking festival.

Picture By Faviola Robles
Picture By Faviola Robles