December Senate Update

Haystack Staff

Greetings, Farmers, and Happy Holidays! In the month of December, Senate has been busy!

The freshmen have been planning the Sadie Hawkins Dance and have also been busy getting the decorations ordered and the most important part: the DJ. They are confident that this will be the best Sadie Hawkins dance that this school has seen in a long time. The dance will be Feb. 1 starting at 7:00 p.m. with more details to come. The freshmen senators will announce the theme after we get back from break.  They hope to see you there, Farmers.

The sophomores have been wrapping up their Make-A-Wish project and were very successful. The final count totaling over $7,000! Finnley will definitely be going to Disney World! Good job, sophomore senators for putting this together, and thank you to all the Farmers who contributed to this amazing cause.

The juniors are actively planning Prom, and it sounds like it will be awesome this year. Prom details will be released around Spring Break, so stay tuned.

The Seniors put on a Senior Study Session on Dec.  11. It was successful, and hopefully it will happen more frequently in the future. The official senior class motto is Just Keep Swimming, the flower is a tiger lily, the song is Don’t Forget About Me by Simple Minds, and the class colors are royal blue and glitter gold.

Senate hopes  hope everyone has a great break, and we will see you when we get back. Be on the lookout for more Senate updates in January.