Ashton Kutcher Could Be Your Valentine

Ashton Kutcher Could Be Your Valentine

By: Kimberly Cessar

This Valentine’s Day whether you are single and hanging out with your cat or in a relationship and looking for something to do, I would suggest you watch Valentine’s Day.

This romantic comedy movie will leave you with a smile on your face and happy with whomever you have.

This movie has all the aspects of a relationship one would need. There’s a happy couple, a new couple, a cute old couple, a confused engaged couple, a man living a dual life of unfaithfulness and a man who is hidden in the closet from the cameras of the NFL.

For all you single folk out there, you can enjoy your singleness through Reed Bennett’s (Ashton Kutcher) engagement failure. On the morning of Valentine’s Day he proposes to his girlfriend Morley Clarkson, played by Jessica Alba. In the moment she says “yes” and romance fills the air. Feeling more ecstatic than ever, he leaves to go to work at his flower shop and informs everyone that she said yes; even though she says keep it on the down-low. About an hour later she shows up to the shop and Reed gives her an entrance. She sits down at a table to talk to Reed and says they “need to talk”.

In the film, Taylor Swift plays Felicia, a ditzy blonde high schooler who is in a relationship with Willy, played by Taylor Lautner, and together have made it a big deal that they are waiting to have sex. Felicia’s blondness brings a large comical part to the movie along with their underclassmen friends eagerly waiting to lose their virginity.

Actor Eric Dane plays the dreamy professional football player named Sean Jackson. He is a closeted homosexual who lives on the beach of L.A. and is ogled at by all the. From old age catching up to him, he is debating on whether he should end his football career or not with the help of his publicist Kara Monahan (Jessica Biel) and his agent Paula Thomas (Queen Latifah).

Later in the movie, Kara is organizing her annual “I Hate Valentine’s Day” party, but soon becomes interested in sports reporter Kelvin Moore (Jamie Fox), who was ordered to do a Valentine’s Day report by his boss Susan Moralez (Kathy Bates), and who shares Kara’s hatred of the holiday.

Many other relationships are intertwined in this movie to give everyone their own piece of the pie. The movie is filled with comical moments, sad moments, “OH MY GOD!” moments and moments to be mad at. I would recommend this movie for both genders to see after a dinner date or just whenever with your cat. Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine’s Day.