Singles Protest Awkward School Dances

By Daniela Santos Lonely junior Krausa as she protests dances.

By Daniela Santos

Are you single and not ready to mingle? Want to be a voice for your fellow loners?

Then The Pre-Blossomed Flowers is the club for you! For those who have never heard of this club it may be due to the fact that it has just recently been assembled by current Wheat Ridge High School reject and junior Lyndsay Krausa.

When asked about what the inspiration for the club, Krausa responded, “I want an environment where my fellow flowers and I can walk down the halls without public displays of affection or any pressure to scrap our morals simply to make a complete stranger happy.”

By Daniela Santos
Lonely junior Krausa as she protests dances.

The club’s primary method for achieving its goal is by protesting all Wheat Ridge High School dances. Their debut was Feb. 1 during Sadie’s when the club of around seven people gathered outside of the school with slogans that read, “Don’t force your relationship on me,” or holding posters of smiling broken hearts. Some of the activists even went as far as pouring buckets of hand sanitizer over the heads of the dance attendees who were seen dancing with their significant other.

The blessing bestowed for letting this club exist was given by English teacher Matt Couch who agreed to sponsor The Pre-Blossomed Flowers. His agreement for sponsoring the club was caused by his recent separation from his then-girlfriend and said the club is, “An opportunity to avoid future heart break from others.” The students who attend the organization came from numerous cliques, ranging from cheerleaders to band kids, though people come from various other clubs many find significance in Flower Power.

What’s next for The Pre-Blossomed Flowers? “We are planning something BIG for prom,” says Krausa. Unlike their last protest, on May 10 the solitaries will be planning their own meeting where noise will be playing and the club members partake in rhythmic moving as they benefit from each other’s company. “This will NOT be a dance,” assures Krausa. If interested, the club meets once a week on Mondays in Couch’s room: the test of worthiness is to reject a hug from Couch.