Family Fun: Ways to Appreciate the Holiday Season

Photo by Madeline Westra

By Sterling Martinez

Thanksgiving break is an incredibly fun and awesome time, and Colorado is a fantastic place to go out and experience.

Not only do you have the good food on the Thanksgiving menu, the Macy’s parade or the insane deals on Black Friday, but you also have activities that you can actually go out and partake in. Whether you are a youngster looking to go out and have a “chill” time with your pals or your gals, or you are a mama looking to entertain her kiddos while they are out of school, Denver has some pretty stellar pastimes for every member of the family.

Not only is there a bunch of snowboarding, skiing and shopping to be done up in the mountains there are several things to do down in the city. There is the Ancient Instrument and Future Light Act in Denver on Nov. 22 for $25 per ticket for the artistic and cultured. There is also the Chihuly Nights at the Botanic Gardens until Nov. 30 month at $15 per ticket. If you are looking for a family-friendly good time there is the Holiday Food and Gift Festival at the Colorado Convention Center for no more than $12 per ticket.

Photo by Madeline Westra
Photo by Madeline Westra

If these events are not of interest to you, you can take the kids to go and see Santa at Cherry Creek Mall and stop for a bite to eat or stop by Michael Kors, Coach or Macy’s to find that perfect something to tie your Thanksgiving Day outfit together.

If neither Santa, apparel nor food are on your to-do list you can always stay at home and create your own festival with a fort, hot chocolate, movies and candy. These four things are always a recipe for family.

Speaking of recipes you can always stay home and bake for your own enjoyment.

If you are short on holiday baking ideas feel free to check out the article on holiday sweets that we have right here on this issue of The Haystack.

/an-easy-to-make-cure-all-for-the-gift-givers-dilemma/