Wheat Ridge Farmers Look Forward to April Testing

Joe Schnebly is excited for his new tests

By Caroline McDaniel

The best time of year is here; it’s testing season!

This school year has been filled with a large series of new tests and excitement that can’t even be contained.

This semester has been expecting the brand new test called PARCC which is designed to hold teachers and students responsible for education. After going to school for a majority of our time there’s always going to be the miraculous testing season that we all look forward to. Being tested on things we have learned over the years is an amazing feeling. It gives us the students a mind-blowing thrill and the teachers an exhilarating rush (and workout). After being on their feet for four hours and students on their rear ends, they come back after a hectic night of sports practices, family dinners, and homework to repeat the cycle again. YAY!

After contacting a few students about the PARCC tests and how excited they are, the feedback was excellent. “I’m super excited to take the PARCC tests all over again in April, that’s what I look forward to!” says sophomore Aniesa Abeyta. Though the school cannot do too much about whether or not they can choose if their students take the test it still is the best thing that has ever happened to the students. Students have been causing a ruckus over how exciting it is to have to push a side their extra curricula’s, sports, social lives, family time, and homework all for these state standardized tests. Especially junior Heidy Ornelas, “I’m so excited that I get to keep testing. I’m so glad I was given an extra year of testing.” One thing to remember during this testing season is to make sure you get plenty of sleep and nutritious food for breakfast. Try your best to avoid junk food and staying up late watching a silly little movie on Netflix. These tests aren’t THAT ridiculous.