Efren Eases on to the Next Chapter

By Efren Acevedo

EfrenMay 22, the date that my senior classmates and I have been looking forward to since the first day of our freshman year.

Although I am frantic to get high school over with, at the same time I am going to miss all of the people that I have met throughout my high school career. In my opinion these last four years went pretty smooth. One of the best parts of high school for me was playing tennis, especially my senior year because I played one doubles. Also currently I am a swimmer on the boys swim team, probably one of the best parts of high school.

Back in middle school I remember thinking that high school was going to be worse than middle school. As I progressed through high school I realized it was actually quite the contrary. To me high school was the best way to wrap up this part of my life. The most stressful thing about high school has got to be college applications, such as having to meet deadlines and anxiously awaiting their responses. If I had any advice for incoming freshman it would most likely be to not talk back to their teachers. The teachers here are great; all they want to do is prepare us for what’s ahead. Now that I will be pursuing my post-secondary education in civil engineering at Metropolitan State University in less than four months, I’m wondering how different the professors will be.

One of the teachers that I will miss the most is Mr. Austin. I had Austin sophomore year and am currently in his sociology class. The main reason that I will miss him is because he is the kind of teacher that can connect to you based off of his personal experiences. I guess when we get ready to leave high school, it’s not just friends that we leave, but memories that we have made and the impact we have made in this school.

As the sweet and soothing essence of graduating fills our noses with delight and victory, it is preparing to lead us on a new path in life. For example, I look forward to meeting new people and heading out into the real world. Along with this, I look forward to becoming someone in life. If, hopefully, I become a civil engineer I will make sure you people know who designed the coolest bridge. I guess after boring you with this nonsense I’ll wrap it up by saying “hasta la vista” but don’t worry because “I’ll be back.”