Green Mountain Gets Revenge in Girls Volleyball

By: Gracie Meoni

It seems that our Farmer luck against Green Mountain peaked at our 43-0 football game, because unfortunately our lady Farmers got set up and killed in volleyball on Oct. 2.

The Rams brought along their unexpected followers and peers, making for an intense setting on and off the court. Though it wasn’t volleyball related, when security guard Rick Shriner had to move the Rams fans to the top bleachers on the opposite side of the gym, that didn’t stop us Farmers from going crazy, or from chanting “43-0”… take that Rams!

Junior Varsity was beaten in two games. Despite this, captain Teresa Kenison used her leadership skills “to pick up the team.” And when asked her favorite part of the team, she smiled and said she loves “the family feeling, and none of us fight, along with our personalities that bond together.”

After the JV match, the varsity match was started off by senior Juliana Duncan with a solid serve. After that, the Rams overcame our lady Farmers, leaving a score of 3-1, Rams.  Though our girls had suffered a tough loss, senior Tess Greco remained all smiles. She was proud of the “key communication” and still describes the team as “silly, hard working, skilled, and sisterly.”

Since that devastating loss, the program honored teachers at their teachers appreciation night on Oct. 12.  giving their favorite teachers tickets to a game and a Starbucks card. Spanish teacher Graciela Yasoni said that “it made me feel special. I enjoy that students take time to think about the teachers!”

The next home game is October 20.

Wheat what? Wheat Ridge!!