The Homecoming Dance

The Homecoming Dance

By Alyssah Shear

Bright lights, loud music, dress pants, and dresses, the perfect setting for a regular school dance.

This year Wheat Ridge High School had a special and exciting homecoming, the theme being Colorado. The bleachers in the gym were decorated in the Colorado flag and a mountain was shined onto the back wall, whether with friends or on a date, Oct. 3 was a very entertaining night. From slow dances to upbeat hip-hop, the night got off to an amazing start and the night ended with smiles on everyone’s face.

Wheat Ridge’s homecoming was not just for Wheat Ridge students, several students from various different schools attended with their Farmer dates.

“Wheat Ridge’s homecoming was better than a lot of the ones I went to last year,” said Abigail Hoffman, a sophomore at Arvada West High School.

Many students were very enthusiastic as they couldn’t resist dancing to the songs chosen by the school. Students had different opinions of the DJ’s music choice. Some people said, the songs were “out of style,” while others believed that the music was very fitting for the event. Songs from “Selfie” by The Chainsmokers to “Can’t hold us” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were played throughout the dance.

“Homecoming is a great place to get out and have some fun, plus you have the chance to meet new people” says Marisha Perez, a Farmer sophomore.

This year’s homecoming was a major success and students are looking forward to the future dances.