Trick-or-Treating Less Spooky!

By Nik Schnebly

Trick-or-treating is a Halloween tradition for people of all ages, but for some  parents letting their young ghouls and goblins out to walk the neighborhood on their own can be even scarier than their favorite horror movie.

Fortunately Wheat Ridge High School understands this all-too-real fear, and every year carries out a Trick-or-Treat Street at the high school, full of candy and fun costumes.

Some of the coolest costumes at this year’s festivities were a princess Darth Vader, Optimus Prime, and Buzz Lightyear. Junior J.J. Terry agreed that the costumes were cool, saying that they were his favorite part of the night.

Along with all kinds of candy, Trick-or-Treat Street also included a very spooky haunted house, complete with jump scares, zombies,- and a crazy monkey.

Brendan Moss, Junior, said that his favorite part of the night was, “All the smiles on kids faces,” which he saw a lot of while running a bowling-for-candy game which was a big hit, filling many candy buckets.

The Trick-or-Treat Street was not a cake walk unfortunately. One of the biggest issues that nearly hindered the success of it was a lack of candy donated. Luckily more than enough candy was donated by the deadline, helping to make the 2015 Trick-or-Treat Street a success.