Top 20 Senior: Michael Coyne

By Justin Hill

Photo by Michael Coyne
Photo by Michael Coyne

Top twenty senior Michael Coyne believes in trying new things and experiment.

In his high school career he has participated in track and field, debate, philosophy club and is the president of the National Honor Society. From these he has decided to try something new and focus on learning art, this is one thing he wishes he had more time to participate in. Outside of school Coyne’s favorite hobby is skiing; he has skied in both Canada and Colorado but oddly enough learned the sport in Rhode Island.

What makes Coyne unique is his dedication. He applies his dedication to all sorts of things from sports to school and life in general. Coyne learned about dedication from his parents who have influenced him the most in his life aside from math teacher, Janet Villani. He is inspired by her dedication to her students and all the time she gives up for them and hopes one day he canbe just as helpful.

After graduating Coyne has not decided which college he will attend but does know that he would like to study international relations and political science. This summer Coyne is going to get a job, run and hopefully partake in a road trip to Northern California. Coyne finds himself lucky to live the life that he has not in an arrogant way but is just thankful for everything he has. He attempts to remember this every day into his future.