Varsity Boys’ Soccer Team Kicks It Off Right This Season

Lily Fraser, Staff Writer

By: Lily Fraser

Wheat Ridge High School’s varsity boys’ soccer team is killing it this year.

The boys on the team have been having after school practices, which include cardio, abs, and coming up upcoming game plans.Coach and math teacher, David Osse, teaches and trains the boys to work hard and play hard on the field. Even though he is considered the wrestling coach, he’s made big improvements for the team from last season due to his new coaching strategies.

Joe Whitney, a junior and center-back on the team has said, “The team this year is pretty good, better than last year.” He’s impressed with sophomore Jorge Baranda’s team leading with 10 goals so far this season.

The team has two goalies, Tanner Dalton and Collin Warren. They have been doing an extraordinary job at tending the goal for the Farmers. Even against some of the tougher teams, the boys stay positive and talk about better strategies and forms so they can succeed and bring back the win.

Ian Spetnagel, another junior on the varsity team, said the team leader would be, “For the most part, it’s Joe Whitney because he has been an outstanding scholar in school but on the field, he takes the leadership role.” This shows that no matter the position for the boys, they’re all considered equally great.

The boys on the team work together to make the team winners for the 2016 fall season. During the fall and winter, the boys’ soccer team is considered one of the most interesting high school sports to watch. Even though the weather is starting to become crisp and cold, the soccer boys keep pushing through the harsh winds just so they can win that game for the Wheat Ridge Farmers.