Top 19 Senior: French Martin

Nevaeh Valtierra, Staff Writer

French Martin played baseball throughout his entire high school career.

He also played football freshman year, and junior year he was a freshman mentor. Outside of school, during summers, Martin played club baseball. Sophomore year he had a job refereeing for flag football with i9 Sports. Martin’s leadership roles were as the head manager of other referees, freshman mentor, and senior captain of the baseball team.

If Martin had the chance to go back and do things differently, he would study more and finish all of his homework in the numerous AP classes he has had. Martin will miss all of his teachers who had a positive impact on his life. Math teacher Kendra Gothard has been an important role model throughout Martin’s high school career. One thing he would tell Gothard is to “continue helping your students in the future to help them succeed like you helped me.” Martin’s most memorable moments in high school are the basketball games between Wheat Ridge and rival school Golden. He will always remember being a part of the mesmerizing crowd that made every game special.

Martin’s mom has influenced him the most; she inspires him to be a good person. His best quality is his personality. He is able to get along with others rather easily. He wants to be remembered as the kid who was always in a good mood. His friends think he is a very loyal and trustworthy friend who always does the right thing. His biggest dream is to start a loving and caring family of his own when he grows up.

If Martin had one wish, it would be to have the ability to become invisible at any time for the purpose of simply pranking others. His biggest pet peeve is when people don’t show respect or courtesy by not pushing in their chairs. His hobbies are spending time with friends and family, golfing, and swimming. Martin’s favorite foods are spaghetti and meatballs, steak and lobster, French fries, French toast, French bread, and French onion dip.

Martin plans on spending the summer hanging out with friends, swimming, and working. Martin will be attending the University of Colorado Boulder where he will study mechanical engineering. His one piece of advice to remaining Farmers is don’t drink “the fizzy drink”; he learned the hard way, he knows.