Having Breakfast is Essential

kab-vision - Fotolia

An example of healthy breakfast options. Courtesy of eblogfa.com

Lendsy Barriga, Staff Writer

Do you think skipping breakfast would be a good idea?

Well, it definitely isn’t, because if you think about it, once you have dinner, you head directly toward your bed and sleep for a few hours. When you wake up, your body expects what we know as glucose, which is a simple sugar that our body requires to turn into energy so we can properly function throughout the day.

By not having breakfast, you are harming your metabolism. Breakfast aims to boost your metabolism throughout the day. When you don’t eat breakfast, your metabolism will take anything that is available, which is the energy that is stored in your body. If you decide to begin eating breakfast after a while of not doing so, you will gradually gain weight because it’s unusual for your metabolism to break down food in the morning.

Glucose, which was previously mentioned, is needed by your brain constantly throughout the day. When you don’t eat breakfast, you start experiencing memory loss and struggle concentrating as time passes by. It also causes you to change your mood often. You can start the day from being happy and energetic to being a cranky and annoying person, especially for those around you.

Skipping breakfast negatively impacts your growing stage when you’re at a young age. Instead of getting all the nutrients and proteins your body needs to be able to grow, you are just missing out on your growing process which is extremely significant.

Sophomore Kattya Gonzalez said, “I don’t eat breakfast because I just don’t have enough time. I only have 30 minutes to get ready and drive to school.”

Also, sophomore Steven Vakoff added, “I do eat breakfast because it’s healthy, and it’s bad to start off the day without anything to eat.”
Not having breakfast can result in dangerous diseases and an unhealthy life. Everyone needs to make sure to eat anything just to start off the day positively.