April Showers Bring May Flowers and Fresh 23

By Virginia Cooper

Studio 23 artists are working hard on the Farm to present all their talent in numerous art shows and exhibitions that will take place in the month of April.

Artists in Studio 23 will be hosting the Wheat Ridge Art Show here on the Farm April 3. This show will spotlight several art pieces by our Farmers and all are welcome to come that night. More details will become available as the event approaches.

Next, the moment we have all been waiting for, Studio 23 will be presenting Fresh 23 on April 12 in the Wheat Ridge High School auditorium. This event has become a tradition and a highlight of the year for all Advanced Painters. Our fellow Farmers will each paint a pair of Vans shoes with their idea of something fresh, and these shoes will be displayed on April 12. As well as this treat for our school, the students will have a chance to submit their design to the Vans Custom Culture Contest. The judges will select 50 semi-finalists–ten schools per region, five total regions. After that, public voting opens on April 25, and shortly thereafter five finalists will be announced and all are competing for the grand prize of $50,000 awarded to the winning school’s art program.

Additionally, selected students will share their achievements at another event: The Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibit. This district-wide event will take place at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, located on 6901 Wadsworth Boulevard. This will honor the best pieces seen with prizes, awards, and even college scholarships. The show will be on Monday, April 21 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and admission is free.

Studio 23 is proud to have their students honored in these shows, so don’t miss out and make sure to be a part of the glory!