T.V.’s Quality Comedy Invasion

T.V.s+Quality+Comedy+Invasion+

By Cecily Hill

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?
A sudden demand for more comedy!
It seems that in recent years, renowned—and less notable—comedians have been growing more interested in producing, writing and starring in their own television shows as well as web series.
Comedy proves itself to be a developing fascination nowadays, and evidence of this are the said television and web series hosted by these comedians. Several of these jokers have resorted to this new medium of entertainment, which seems to be a successful attention-getter. The reason for transferring to television and web series is uncertain, but it may be due to the changing times and younger generations that are just oh-so-hip.

Among the many comedians who have switched their methods are Louis C.K., Sarah Silverman, Jerry Seinfeld, John Mulaney, Bo Burnham, Daniel Tosh, Amy Schumer, George Lopez and the Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele duo.
FX’s Louie and Saint George, Fox’s upcoming sitcom Mulaney, Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, MTV’ s Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous, Comedy Central’s The Sarah Silverman Program, Tosh.0, Inside Amy Schumer and Key and Peele are all the rage these days. Well, all these shows are the rage except for Saint George because George Lopez isn’t that funny, but let’s take a peek at these outrageously hilarious comedies!
At first glance, you wouldn’t expect Louis C.K. to be as funny as he is, what with his stoic appearance and freckly exterior. However, Louie is one of my favorite shows and seems to be a favorite of the many people I know, including my imaginary friend. But keep in mind that if you’re not into the whole dark comedy, laugh-at-the-miserable-lives-of-others kind of humor, this isn’t the show for you.

On the contrary, Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer would strike you as personable, young women, and you would be correct, but it wouldn’t occur to you that they both carry with them baggage of vulgar hilarity. They definitely don’t shy away from humor characteristic of male comedians, making them refreshingly unique and a good laugh to perves.
Key and Peele are also quite the charismatic pair, sharing a dynamic energy only the best of friends could emanate. Their sketch comedy skits feature a myriad of characters, appealing to a diverse audience, so no matter what you’re into, rest assured you’ll get a good laugh!

Despite the talent of these individuals, some of these shows did not take off as expected, a few being The Sarah Silverman Program (on air from February 1, 2007 to April 15, 2010) and Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous (on air from May 2 to June 29, 2013). But don’t let this discourage you from watching them. To each his own, you catch my drift?
So, to sum it up for you, keep your eyes peeled for these comedians. They’ll knock your socks off, except for George Lopez. Personally, I rarely laugh at any of his gags. But don’t take my word for it. Go and discover the world of comedy!