Top 20 Senior: Benjamin Wiebe

By Sydra Adams

Photo by Ben Wiebe
Photo by Ben Wiebe

As a talented musician and athlete Benjamin Wiebe it’s no wonder that has been chosen as one of the top 20 seniors.

He has been involved in many volunteer activities and clubs such as Key Club, National Honor Society, Kiwanis and has taken part of the WR Recreation center Easter egg hunt. Wiebe has volunteered at the WRHS craft sale, planning and arranging Trick-Or-Treat-Street, planned, organized, and executed the WRHS change for the change drive.

Wiebe has been in marching band and pit orchestra all four years of high school. Winter percussion, Jefferson All County Honor Band, and Colorado Honor band throughout his last 3 years of high school. Wiebe has played piano for ten years and saxophone for seven years and has been drum major during his sophomore and junior years.  He has been on the swim team his junior and senior year and the manager for the girls swim team his senior year.

Swim coach and chemistry teacher Dean Miller has influenced Wiebe greatly for his willingness to be there for others. “If you are willing to put in the time he will be too whether it be for swim time or Chemistry,” says Wiebe. In the one year Wiebe has had Michelle Pope as a teacher, she has made a strong impact on him, too.

Wiebe’s advice for the Farmers who still have work to do is to focus on your school work and apply for as many scholarships as you can during senior year.

His most memorable moment was when he was the drum major his sophomore and junior year for the marching band.

Wiebe has been offered a three- quarters tuition scholarship at CU Boulder’s saxophone studio. He is also interested in studying chemistry as double major programs.