How To Achieve A Victorious Valentines Day

Photo By Heidy Ornelas

By Heidy Ornelas and Faviola Robles

It’s that time of year again!

Photo By Heidy Ornelas
Photo By Heidy Ornelas

People exchange cards, candy, gifts, or flowers with their special “Valentine.” Whether you love it or hate it, the day of romance we call Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. As the date gets closer, some significant others feel anxious deciding what to give and do on this special day.

To start off, if you and your valentine are looking for anywhere to go on a special date you have plethora of venues available. From the classic dinner and a movie to something a little more competitive such as bowling or laser tag make sure the date is entertaining. A nice bowling alley is just near Belmar called Lucky Strike. It is one of the nicest bowling alleys here in Colorado. You can take your date to places like Swing Thai, Olive Garden, or a delicious Mexican restaurant called Paxia. But if you are going to stick with the iconic dinner and a movie idea make sure to lead it up with something a little more special, because let’s face it, overpriced popcorn and two hours with no talking can be a drag.

If neither of those options are special enough for your Valentine, make the night a little more personal by planning a picnic or romantic dinner. Pick a place that is special to you two. If you really want to go the extra mile consider cooking the meal yourself.

Now once the date is planned the most fun and frustrating part is the outfit. Finding the perfect outfit for a date can be a struggle, everyone is trying to look their best for their special Valentine. Girls, if you’re doing something a little more upscale wear a nice dress and maybe some red heels to show some festivity. If you’re doing something more casual, wear some nice pair of pants with a blouse and flats, and if it isn’t cold wear a casual spring dress.

Guys, for the fancier date leave your date impressed by wearing a button up shirt (add a tie if you want), and slacks. For the casual date wear jeans and a nice flannel shirt.

Now that we have the venue and outfit planned, let’s get down to the gifts. From the cliché flower bouquet to chocolates make sure the gift will stand the test of time. For instance chocolate gets eaten and the flowers wilt, so to make a gift special it must be memorable. To achieve this pair your flowers or chocolate with a hand written card or a photo album of the special moments shared between you two. Something that no matter how many years pass you can still enjoy, if you’re together or not. This is why jewelry is always a favorite.

Even though Valentines can be filled with pressure and expectations make sure to not overthink and have fun! Hope you all enjoy Valentine’s Day with a special someone.